- Table View
- List View
A text for students learning basic mechanical skills in high school and post-secondary programs in agriscience, production agriculture, agribusiness, ornamental horticulture, and agricultural mechanics. Treatment begins with information on careers, then provides instruction on basic mechanical skills and applications. Covers use of hand tools, power tools, and stationary power equipment with numerous materials, touching on processes of wood- and metalworking, electric and gas welding, electrical wiring, robotics, plumbing, and construction. Includes color photos of male and female students, and 54 project plans. This fourth edition is revised to reflect the latest developments in the field.
Patterned after FFA-endorsed curricula, this best-selling full-color text integrates basic biological and technological concepts with principles of production agriculture. It carefully takes students through all major science areas from plant and animal sciences, to food science, to environmental technology. The Second Edition features several new Agri-profiles of hi-tech agricultural careers, as well as the latest information on integrated pest management, agribusiness, and natural resource management. Stocked with pedagogical aids, such as performance-based objectives, terms-to-know, chapter-ending reviews, and objective, essay, and review questions, as well as a complete supplement package, this edition provides the tools needed to plan and implement a successful introductory Agriscience program. (plant and animal science, science of living things, biotechnology, natural resource management, hydroponics management)
This third edition of "Agriscience: Fundamentals & Applications," addresses the basic levels of modern agriscience concepts using language and examples designed to meet the needs of beginning students interested in natural science careers. The text integrates broadened principles of agriculture through all the major science areas, and adds many new applications of science, technology, math, agriculture, natural resources and the environment. New full-color photographs and illustrations have been added for visual enhancement, as well as internet icons to help students explore agriscience topics beyond the boundaries of the text. The unit profiles and student activities provide instructors with innovative ways to teach modern agriscience concepts, as this book contains invaluable resources for introductory agriscience curriculums.
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications is the most effective book available for introducing agricultural education. It addresses the full spectrum of the agricultural industry and introduces science as the basis for higher productivity and for the safest food system in the world. Readers also gain knowledge about agricultural careers and opportunities through the Agri-Profile feature. The authors successfully convey the principles of integrating science into the agricultural curriculum, and they educate readers about accessing related material on the Internet and about National FFA programs related to agriscience and technology. Color photos and illustrations, discussions of recent technological advances and Hot Topic inserts are just some of the many tools used to help the reader comprehend the wealth of material contained in this introduction to agriscience.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.