- Table View
- List View
It's a fact: not all weight is really fat. Much of being overweight is caused by allergy-like food reactions. This "false fat" is easy to put on, but it can be hard to take off. Now you can do it--this week--with the revolutionary False Fat Diet. In just a few days, you can lose 5-10 pounds--and 10-20 pounds within two or three weeks. This healthy, practical 21-day nutritional program includes- Identifying which foods you react to--and replacing them with the right foods for your body chemistry- False Fat Week--the amazing 7-day period when your swelling and puffiness subside, as you lose ten pounds- The Balance Program--a personally customized diet that returns your metabolism to normal, and takes pounds off steadily as you reach your ideal weight. Delicious, easy-to-prepare, reaction-free recipes, created with popular, health-conscious chefs, that don't drastically cut calories the way other diets do. This scientific, no-hunger, individualized regimen is the only diet that can work for everyone.
The 21st-century edition of this groundbreaking work by Dr. Elson Haas with Dr. Buck Levin presents the most current health and nutrition information available in an easy-to-use format with a friendly, engaging tone. Decades of practical experience and scientific research are compiled into one encyclopedic volume that features newly expanded chapters on special supplements, lifestage programs, and breakthrough medical treatment protocals for conditions including fatigue, viral illnesses, weight management, and mental and mood disorders such as anxiety, ADHD, and depression. PART ONE gives a detailed analysis of The Building Blocks of nutrition: water, carbohydrates, proteins, fats and oils, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. PART TWO evaluates Foods and Diets, discussing every food group and most diets around the world. A special chapter on the environment and nutrition raises awareness and offers guidance about food additives, industrial chemicals, food irradiation, electropollution, and other health and ecological issues. PART THREE brings all of this nutritional information together, showing readers how to make wise and commonsense choices while Building a Healthy Diet. A personalized eating plan for the year, The Ideal Diet is both seasonally and naturally based, and a healthy lifelong diet. PART FOUR contains specific nutritional and lifestyle therapies for enhancing all stages of life and suggests treatments for common conditions and diseases such as aging, menopause, bone loss, weight loss, and cancer by focusing on Nutritional Applications: 32 Special Diet and Supplement Programs. Anyone interested in enhancing wellness, eating right, treating illness naturally, and living in harmony with nature will find Staying Healthy with Nutrition to be the ultimate handbook for optimal health and vitality. "For more than thirty years my colleague Dr. Elson Haas has contributed to the field of nutritional education to the benefit of both the public and health practitioners. This new edition of his classic guide is user friendly and filled with current scientific studies, making it possible for everyone to be up to date in this most important are of knowledge about health. In my opinion, Staying Healthy with Nutrition is an excellent guide for those wishing to make smarter dietary choices. "-Andrew Weil, MD, author of 8 Weeks to Optimum Health and Healthy Aging"The comprehensiveness of Dr. Haas's Staying Healthy with Nutrition makes it a great desk reference for physicians and other healthcare practitioners or professionals. The more controversial topics are handled with considerable fairness and insight. "-T. Colin Campbell, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and author of The China Study
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.