- Table View
- List View
ASCE 7 is the US standard for identifying minimum design loads for buildings and other structures. ASCE 7 covers many load types, of which wind is one. The purpose of this book is to provide structural and architectural engineers with the practical state-of-the-art knowledge and tools needed for designing and retrofitting buildings for wind loads. The book will also cover wind-induced loss estimation. This new edition include a guide to the thoroughly revised, 2010 version of the ASCE 7 Standard provisions for wind loads; incorporate major advances achieved in recent years in the design of tall buildings for wind; present material on retrofitting and loss estimation; and improve the presentation of the material to increase its usefulness to structural engineers.Key features:New focus on tall buildings helps make the analysis and design guidance easier and less complex.Covers the new simplified design methods of ASCE 7-10, guiding designers to clearly understand the spirit and letter of the provisions and use the design methods with confidence and ease.Includes new coverage of retrofitting for wind load resistance and loss estimation from hurricane winds.Thoroughly revised and updated to conform with current practice and research.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.