One in a series of six classic Enid Blyton tales of goblins, imps, pixies, wizards and magic. This volume contains nine enchanting tales from the land of the weird and wonderful. This is a collection of wicked wizards, evil enchanters, clever children and lots more.
When Pip the pixie accidentally breaks his Aunt Twinkle's sugar-basin, he sets off in search of some glue--and discovers a wonderful secret. Follow the exciting adventures of Pip, as he meets the animals of the forest.
Amelia Jane is big, bad and the terror of the toy cupboard! In this book, she gives the toys some terrible scares with her mischief and gets poor Teddy to carry her home without him knowing it. Sometimes the toys get their own back...
A warm, delightful and humorous collection of stories. Includes: The Old Red Cushion, The Mouse and Rat Robber, The Talking Doll, The Little Brownie House, The sparrow Children, Billy's Butterfly, I Was Here First, In The Fashion, She Hadn't Any Friends, The Whispering Pool, It's Just A Dream, Foolish Little Sambo, The Other Little Boy, and What Happened On Christmas Eve?
[From the Database] What is the secret of the old castle on the hill, and why are the locals so afraid of it? When flashing lights are seen in a distant tower, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann and Jack decide to investigate - and discover a very sinister plot concealed within its hidden rooms and gloomy underground passages.
The Famous Five are having fun camping near the home of a famous scientist. But they might have known there'd be a mystery to solve. When the scientist's important research papers go missing, he needs the gang's help to get them back!
The Famous Five are distraught! Dick has been kidnapped - mistaken for somebody else! The gang finally track him down - to a lonely, abandoned house - but then they too are siezed and held captive! Now that all of them are miles from home, and from help, how will the intrepid Five get themselves out of this mess?
Who lives in the mysteries house near the chalet where the Famous Five are staying? The caretaker says nobody--but the Five have seen a terrified face in the window...
The Famous Five have discovered a thief at Kinin Cottage, but when they start looking for proof, they find an old map and an unusual hiding place!
Spook trains in the night! And they seem to vanish into thin air - but where do they go? But the discovery of an unusual underground tunnel system, and a train-service, has them puzzled. If they follow the tracks, will they solve the mystery?
It turns out that nine-year-old Tinker owns a lighthouse, given to him by his father after spending some time there on an important project.
Whispering Island - another mysterious place, with a million stories surrounding it... Is it haunted? The five are intrigued, but scared too. Are they brave enough to go there and find out?
Another classic Blyton adventure, featuring Julian, Dick, Anne, George and not forgetting Timmy! The Famous Five are on holiday and they've discovered a ruined castle nearby! The castle looked deserted - but is that a face at the window?
Join Sneaky the elf as he steals a growing spell and gets a terrible fright; or Snip and Snap the brownies as they play a trick on the Red Goblin; or lazy Kate as her bed takes her to school.
There's a shipwreck off Kirrin Island! But where is the treasure? The Famous Five are on the trail. Someone else has got the same idea. Time is running out for the Famous Five. Who will follow the clues and get to the treasure first?
There is a ruined castle on Finniston farm, but only the dungeons remain and no one knows where they are! The Famous Five are determined to find them, and whatever else is hidden inside, but someone else wants to find out too.
Who's been on George's island? And what is locked in the mysterious trunk hidden on Kirrin Island? The Famous Five think they're on the trail of smugglers - until they hear a child scream...
The Seven are desperate to help Tolly and his sick horse, Brownie. But where can they hide an old man and his horse, and can they protect Brownie from thieves?
A car is stolen, and Peter and Janet witness the theft! Now the Secret Seven are on the trail of a very dangerous gang of thieves.
Enid Blyton's classic adventure series is fantastically repackaged for a new generation of readers. For Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann and Jack, the holiday in Cornwall is everything they'd hoped for--until they begin to realize that something very sinister is taking place on the mysterious Isle of Gloom. But they're not prepared for the dangerous adventure that awaits them in the abandoned copper mines and secret tunnels beneath the sea.
Mrs. Mannering thinks that a peaceful holiday in the Welsh mountains couldn't possibly land the children in another dangerous adventure.
In this book the naughtiest girl in the school is trying to be good. But someone wants to spoil things for her...
When Elizabeth Allen is chosen to be a school monitor, she's delighted. But she soon finds out just what a responsible job it is. The harder she tries, the worse she behaves! Will the naughtiest girl in the school EVER learn to be good?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.