- Table View
- List View
Meet the Duncans, a prominent family from Jamaica, Queens. They may be known for their big house, fancy cars, and lavish lifestyle, but that doesn't make them immune from some over-the-top drama. L. C. Duncan has run his successful car dealership in Jamaica, Queens for more than thirty years, but when the recession hits and the competition gets a little rough, some say it's time for him to retire. Palm trees and golf sound like fun, but L. C. still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Which one of his kids can he trust to run the family business? Paris could give any supermodel a run for her money. When she walks in the room, all heads turn, but it's her anger issues and knack for getting into trouble that most people remember. She's much more dangerous than anyone gives her credit for--except, perhaps, her father. Orlando is the most obvious choice to lead the Duncans into the future. He has proven himself to be quite the businessman over the years; but sometimes, the most obvious choice isn't always the best choice. Harris Grant is married to L. C. 's oldest daughter. In Harris's opinion, he's the most qualified to run the family business. Now he just needs to convince L. C. . . . and make sure no one discovers the secret he's been keeping. Harris isn't the only one with skeletons in the closet. The Duncan family has been keeping a secret of their own--a deep, dark secret that, if revealed, will shock the entire community.
Complete guidance to the ins and outs of gaming operations Management personnel need a thorough understanding of the business side of the casino industry to ensure profits???and to avoid losses. It's a sure bet that Casino Operations Management, Second Edition will help current and future gaming management professionals better serve any casino. Written by experts with over 65 years of combined experience in the field, this Second Edition offers all the critical skills and know-how to equip gaming and casino operators with the knowledge needed for the management office, cage operations, and table game and slot operations. This updated edition features detailed coverage of: Current high-roller marketing tactics and their effect on profitability The effect of popular money management systems on casino profits The initial development process of an Indian casino Studies designed to identify the patronage motives of gamblers, including those of riverboat customers Slot club design: player rating issues, point accumulation schemes, and more Principles of casino floor design: managing table game and slot location Studies designed to measure the profit contribution of popular slot promotions Casino Operations Management, Second Edition uses simplified mathematics and statistics throughout, and provides readers with a thorough understanding of all aspects of the casino industry business. It is a must-have reference for students and casinos that develop managers internally.
In Oklahoma in the 1980s and 1990s, suicide--not accident as previously assumed--was the leading cause of agricultural fatalities among male farmers. Ramírez-Ferrero suggests that the root causes lie not in purely economic or personal factors but rather in the processes of modernization. Using emotions and gender as modes of analysis, he locates these men's stories in the wider context of American history, agricultural economics and politics, capitalism, and Christianity.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.