- Table View
- List View
With hundreds of thousands of mobile applications available today, your app has to capture users immediately. This book provides practical techniques to help you catch--and keep--their attention. You'll learn core principles for designing effective user interfaces, along with a set of common patterns for interaction design on all types of mobile devices. Mobile design specialists Steven Hoober and Eric Berkman have collected and researched 76 best practices for everything from composing pages and displaying information to the use of screens, lights, and sensors. Each pattern includes a discussion of the design problem and solution, along with variations, interaction and presentation details, and antipatterns. Compose pages so that information is easy to locate and manipulate Provide labels and visual cues appropriate for your app's users Use information control widgets to help users quickly access details Take advantage of gestures and other sensors Apply specialized methods to prevent errors and the loss of user-entered data Enable users to easily make selections, enter text, and manipulate controls Use screens, lights, haptics, and sounds to communicate your message and increase user satisfaction "Designing Mobile Interfaces is another stellar addition to O'Reilly's essential interface books. Every mobile designer will want to have this thorough book on their shelf for reference." --Dan Saffer, Author of Designing Gestural Interfaces
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.