- Table View
- List View
As a therapist and creativity coach, Eric Maisel has worked with thousands of creative people. He knows firsthand the struggles that writers, musicians, artists, dancers, and actors face and has helped them find balance in their lives while pursuing their artistic endeavors. His new book presents a comprehensive approach to the much-misunderstood life of the artist. Creativity for Life offers practical ideas as well as exercises and inspiration to nurture growth as an artist and as a person, exploring such subjects as: Establishing your creativity practice Obscurity and stardom Blocks The artist's personality Moods and madness Artists in love Craft The rewards and perils of isolation Social interactions and community
A powerful, ten-second technique can change stress into calm, strength and a centered approach. The basis of The Ten Second Pause is using a single deep breath as a container for a specific thought. This technique is simple to grasp, simple to use, simple to practice and simple to master. This technique can be used anywhere, anytime, by anyone and it's profound in its benefits. You'll find yourself able to do things that previously felt too painful or too difficult to attempt. You'll be able to calm and center yourself before an important meeting or conversation. You'll be able to change your basic attitudes about life, becoming calm and positive where before you may have been anxious or pessimistic. Blending Eastern principles of breath awareness and mindfulness with Western principles of positive psychology, together they offer a powerful antidote to stress, procrastination and anxiousness.
A guide for writers to help them delve deep into their creative process.
"Other books for writers will tell you where to insert the commas and why your Parisian character shouldn't wear a beret unless he's Basque. I want to chat with you about some other things: how to get into the right "space" to write, how to orient and organize your neurons, how to sanctify and enliven your physical space, and how to create imagined spaces in which magic can happen. In the thirty-six chapters that compose this book I'll use the metaphor of "space" to communicate how you can get a grip on your writing life and transform yourself from an occasional writer to a regular writer..." (excerpt from book, page 3)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.