- Table View
- List View
Anansi the Spider uses a strange moss-covered rock in the forest to trick all the other animals, until Little Bush Deer decides he needs to learn a lesson.
A clever spider tricks Elephant and some other animals into thinking the melon in which he is hiding can talk.
A freshly baked gingerbread man escapes when he is taken out of the oven and eludes a number of animals until he meets a clever fox.
A traveler rids a village synagogue of ghosts. A Caldecott Honor Book.
Seven-year-old Louis Armstrong was too poor to buy a real horn. He didn't even go to school. To help his mother pay the rent, Louis had a job. Every day he rode a junk wagon through the streets of New Orleans, playing his tin horn and collecting stuff people didn't want. Then one day the junk wagon passed a pawn shop with a gleaming brass trumpet in the window. . . . A Horn for Louisis perfect for Black History Month. With messages about hard work, persistence, hope, tolerance, cooperation, trust, and friendship, it's perfect for the rest of the year, too! From the Hardcover edition.
Rose Zar was 19 years old when the Nazis invaded her native Poland. Her father urged her to save herself by hiding "in the mouth of the wolf"--or within the enemy itself. She managed to obtain false papers, secretly changing her identity to that of a Catholic Pole and surviving the Holocaust, staying in Poland, as maid and nanny for a Nazi SS colonel.
Three mysterious guests appear at generous but impoverished Ezra's table on Sukkot and bless him, while they bring curses upon his rich but selfish brother Eben. Other books by this author are available in this library.
GROWING UP IN Russia in the late 1800s, Marc Chagall doesn't know what art is. He doesn't even know whatdrawingis until one of his schoolmates shows him how to trace a picture in a magazine. Marc tries it himself, then decides to pull pictures out of his own mind - his Uncle Noah on the roof, giant chickens, flying cows, happy men with fiddles, and women with lambs. Suddenly Marc knows what he wants to do with his life. He wants to be an artist! From the Hardcover edition.
In Texas, Tia Lupe and Tio Jose make the best tortillas--so light that the cowboys say they just might jump right off the griddle. One day, a tortilla does just that. The tortilla runs through the desert pursued by two horned toads, three donkeys, four jackrabbits, five rattlesnakes, and six buckaroos. She is finally outwitted by Senor Coyote in this Lone Star twist on the classic Gingerbread Man tale.
Eleven short stories about samurai warriors, their way of life, courage, wit, and foolishness. For children.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.