- Table View
- List View
Easy-to-follow information on buying a home.
Master your financial future with Eric Tyson's revised and updated guide to investing. You'll find coverage of all aspects of investing including how to develop and manage a portfolio, understand critical tax concerns, and invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, small business, and more.
Expanded coverage of ETFs, fund alternatives, and Internet research. Cash in on the latest wealth-building techniques with America's #1 best-selling mutual fund book. Want to make the most of mutual funds? Personal finance expert Eric Tyson shares his time-tested investing advice, as well as updates to his fund recommendations and revised coverage of tax law changes, in this user-friendly resource. Sample fund portfolios and updated forms show you exactly how to accomplish your financial goals. Pick the best funds and avoid losers. Assemble and maintain a portfolio. Evaluate your funds' performance. Track and invest in funds online. Fix common fund problems.
Too many personal finance consultants offer financial advice that ignores the big picture and instead focuses on investing. You need much more than that to plan your future. You need a broader understanding of personal finance that includes all areas of your financial life in order to become financially sound. Personal Finance for Dummies, 5 th Edition is full of detailed, action-oriented financial advice that will show you how to lower expenses and tame debts as well as invest wisely to achieve your financial goals! Now in its 5 th edition, this up-to-date guide covers all the latest trends to ensure your financial stability. Just some of the updates and revisions include: Reviews of the new and revised tax laws and how to take advantage of them, the latest scoop on Medicare and Social Security and what it means for you, updated investment advice on mutual funds and other managed investments, enhanced smart spending tips, coverage of new bankruptcy laws and how to eliminate consumer debt, smart ways to use credit and improve credit scores, and expanded coverage on educational savings options. This hands-on, straightforward guide features ways to survive life changes such as starting your first job, getting married, having children, and retiring, as well as helpful tactics for preventing identity theft and fraud. With Personal Finance for Dummies, 5 th Edition, you'll be able to achieve financial strength and start concentrating on the more important things in life!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.