- Table View
- List View
The last thing she remembers is seeing her friends die... Now it's her turn.Eldritch and forgotten arcana wait within its vaults. Twisted accidents of magic prowl its halls. Sinister forces lure the unsuspecting deeper into death or madness. Its victims don't remember how they got there. No one remembers how to get out...
The Dark Knight Must Choose: Justice or Vengeance Watchman by day, vigilante by night, Shadowbane's world is turned upside down when he runs across a powerful wizard--in the form of a confused, hunted girl who finds herself at the heart of a fell plot. When his friends start dying and the girl is kidnapped, Shadowbane must choose between the darkness and the light in his heart: to avenge the deaths of his friends, or to let the villain live to face--and possibly escape--justice. Downshadow is thrilling tale of vigilante justice set in the classic City of Splendors and presented by Forgotten Realms(R) campaign setting creator and celebrated author Ed Greenwood. You don't want to miss out on this exciting glimpse into what the latest edition of the Realms has to offer.From the Paperback edition.
This scar on my arm is the mark of the thin man's sword...These on my chest, the barbarian's gyrspike...This, on my shoulder, the woodman's axe.And this rasping whisper, all that is left of my voice, it is the scar of the Lord Singer's jealousy.They took my voice and my life and left my body for the crows. But not all who die rest in peace.Erik Scott de Bie spins a haunting tale of revenge, honor, love, and hate, all bound within a dark man whose indomitable spirit marks him as on of - The Fighters!
Praise for Downshadow, by Erik Scott de Bie"Erik Scott de Bie meets the challenge of writing a compelling story while working within the constraints of a media tie-in novel. . . . De Bie demonstrates a deep knowledge of the Forgotten Realms setting and infuses the narrative with bits of history and mythology where necessary. Reading Downshadow, I very much felt that the story was taking place in a larger world that had a rich history. . . .The exposition is presented narratively and only when necessary. The story is compelling and the outcome open enough to compel a reader to desire more. Shadowbane himself is a bit of a cipher, but his character does grow as the story progresses. He starts as a generic superhero, but by the end of the book readers are beginning to see the personality behind the mask. I am eager to see the character develop further. Many likable characters die in the story and there is a cameo or two from other Forgotten Realms tales that provide nice Easter Eggs."--Cinerati Overview: Rumors are swirling around the dark corners of Westgate that vigilantes are dealing violence and havoc in the guise of Shadowbane. Kalen and Myrin have just arrived from Luskan, in search of Kalen's former apprentice, Rhett. Though Kalen believes Rhett to be dead, Myrin won't give up hope as she in turn seeks more information about her past. And Kalen too must find his place, perhaps in the Eye of Justice, though that's the last place Kalen wants to end up. But who are these vigilantes who wield the vaunted sword Vindicator? Myrin and Kalen have no idea that a game is being played in which they are only pawns. All is not as it seems in Westgate. Read More: If you are looking for the first book in the Shadowbane storyline by Erik Scott de Bie, search for "Downshadow" by Erik Scott de Bie.If you are looking for more sword and sorcery, search for "Brimstone Angels" a new novel by Erin M. Evans, featuring a kickass warlock heroine who sets out to unravel the schemes of an evil succubus in the ruined city of Neverwinter. If you are looking for more adventure fantasy, search for "The Shard Axe" by Marshiela Rockwell, a chilling mystery set in the world of Dungeons & Dragons Online.If you are looking for more stories set in the Forgotten Realms, search for "Twilight Falling" by Paul Kemp, about Erevis Cale, an assassin with a conscience.If you are looking for more epic fantasy series, search for "Homeland" by R.A. Salvatore, the first book in the epic Legend of Drizzt. For more about Erik Scott de Bie, go to DungeonsandDragons.com
The city of Luskan has always been a den of pirates, thieves, and murderers. But lately, things have gotten much worse. A ship crashes offshore with nothing but corpses. Every day, people go crazy and brutalize those around them. And the only signs that even the most hardened criminals still walk the streets at night are bones. Luskan's sister city, Waterdeep, has sent a detachment to quarantine the unclean city--to let the filth within die, rather than infect the rest of the Realms. But Myrin has slipped inside, declaring that she will save Luskan. Shadowbane follows, determined to save Myrin and therefore her pet city--even if he has to kill every rat in Luskan to do it. Shadowbane features the triumphant return of popular, dark vigilante from Downshadow and carries forth the threads of the worlds-spanning Abyssal Plague series. This expanded e-book also includes a brand-new short story, entitled "A New Purpose", as well as links to an existing prequel and an original e-novella, featuring characters from Shadowbane. Also included are links to background information on the Abyssal Plague series and sample chapters from other books in the series.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.