- Table View
- List View
Being in high school is about a lot more than going to high school. It's about discovering new places, new hobbies, and new people--and opening your eyes to the world. This book is about the stuff they don't teach you in high school, like how to host a film festival, plan your first road trip, make a podcast, or write a manifesto. Want to make a time capsule? Spend a day in silence? Learn how to make beats like a DJ? Or shut down your house party before the police do? Whatever your creative, social, or academic inclinations, you'll find 97 ways on these pages to amuse, educate, and interest yourself, and your friends. Because your life doesn't stop at 3pm each day--it just gets started.
Each year, we spend hours upon hours shopping and getting dressed, but do we ever actually think about what we're wearing? For example, what's the name of the style of your shirt? Who invented your favorite jeans cut? Or who made your baby-doll nightie famous? There is a story behind every piece of clothing and, with Fashion 101, you'll learn what those stories are and more: Where did the miniskirt come from? Why has the military had a stronger influence on fashion than either Audrey Hepburn or Gwen Stefani? How do denim makers work those perfect "whiskers" into your "worn-out" jeans? Filled with tons of intriguing factoids about designers and celebrities, and more than 300 illustrations, Fashion 101 offers the total scoop on underwear, outerwear, accessories, and everything in between. With this crash course, you'll learn not only how to put together smarter looks, but also how to become a fashion expert in the process.
Audrey Hepburn's winged eyes. Veronica Lake's peek a boo curls. Over the last century, celebrities have been at the forefront of fashion, introducing numerous classic hair and makeup looks to society. Now you can find out where these looks came from--and get them for yourself. This book celebrates fifty beauty icons and examines when each one ushered in a unique look, why it became so legendary, and how to recreate it. Written with celebrity hair stylist Christopher Fulton and celebrity makeup artist Cameron Cohen, this unique collection includes professional tips on how to get the best look, glamorous photos, and easy-to-follow instructions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.