- Table View
- List View
Being in high school is about a lot more than going to high school. It's about discovering new places, new hobbies, and new people--and opening your eyes to the world. This book is about the stuff they don't teach you in high school, like how to host a film festival, plan your first road trip, make a podcast, or write a manifesto. Want to make a time capsule? Spend a day in silence? Learn how to make beats like a DJ? Or shut down your house party before the police do? Whatever your creative, social, or academic inclinations, you'll find 97 ways on these pages to amuse, educate, and interest yourself, and your friends. Because your life doesn't stop at 3pm each day--it just gets started.
Each year, we spend hours upon hours shopping and getting dressed, but do we ever actually think about what we're wearing? For example, what's the name of the style of your shirt? Who invented your favorite jeans cut? Or who made your baby-doll nightie famous? There is a story behind every piece of clothing and, with Fashion 101, you'll learn what those stories are and more: Where did the miniskirt come from? Why has the military had a stronger influence on fashion than either Audrey Hepburn or Gwen Stefani? How do denim makers work those perfect "whiskers" into your "worn-out" jeans? Filled with tons of intriguing factoids about designers and celebrities, and more than 300 illustrations, Fashion 101 offers the total scoop on underwear, outerwear, accessories, and everything in between. With this crash course, you'll learn not only how to put together smarter looks, but also how to become a fashion expert in the process.
Audrey Hepburn's winged eyes. Veronica Lake's peek a boo curls. Over the last century, celebrities have been at the forefront of fashion, introducing numerous classic hair and makeup looks to society. Now you can find out where these looks came from--and get them for yourself. This book celebrates fifty beauty icons and examines when each one ushered in a unique look, why it became so legendary, and how to recreate it. Written with celebrity hair stylist Christopher Fulton and celebrity makeup artist Cameron Cohen, this unique collection includes professional tips on how to get the best look, glamorous photos, and easy-to-follow instructions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.