- Table View
- List View
Human Geography 10th Edition includes all of the important concepts and theory on Human Geography as previous issues with a more succinct and engaging narrative while going in depth to touch on all the major themes of the topic. The text focuses on identity and how every human being forges an identity in a globalized world. It includes recurring coverage of "identity" and how people make places and shape identities to see global, local and individual implications of decisions that people make every day. The main objective of this issue is to provide more understanding of human systems from a spatial perspective; ways to think globally; and ways to understand real-world implications of Human Geography. The text will help encourage a better understanding of how to create an identity in a globalized world and how decisions happen in a global context and can have global impacts.
Human Geography: Culture, Society and Space challenges students to think geographically across scale and across a wide range of geographical phenomena and global issues. The authors engage the students throughout the text by posing geographical questions that encourage students to think critically about their own locality, region, nation, and world. In the Eighth Edition, the authors reformat the text to 14 chapters, provide a clear outline of key questions for each chapter, integrate their own field experiences, and rewrite the text to guide students through answers to geographic questions. The Eighth Edition includes three new chapters: 'Identity: Race, Ethnicity and Gender,' 'Local Culture, Popular Culture, and Cultural Landscapes,' and 'Geographic Networks. ' The concepts of globalization, identity, development, sense of place, and construction of scale are infused throughout the text. The author team draws from studies in geography and across disciplines to bring a broad and up-to-date perspective on the kinds of research geographers have done and are currently doing on a wide range of human geography topics. In the Eighth Edition, de Blij and Murphy welcome new coauthor Erin Hogan Fouberg (South Dakota State University), who brings her expertise in geography education and political geography. The author team created a new pedagogy and writing style for the Eighth Edition that make the book more accessible to students and faculty.
Human Geography gets general readers to think geographically across scale and across a wide range of geographical phenomena and global issues. All concepts and themes are touched on with the historical background one would expect, but also with current examples to make the reading more relevant. The content is written in such a way that it is approachable and appealing. It includes all of the important themes in a succinct and engaging narrative style that can easily be understood. From the Field boxes and opening vignettes help anyone who has not personally traveled much of the world. General readers will also find the latest data as they build their understanding of important concepts.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.