- Table View
- List View
Erwin Lutzer gently leads readers on a journey into the heart of Christ to help them grasp what Christ Himself wants us to know. Jesus was not silent on the cross. When readers turn their attention to His cries they will be utterly changed.
Lutzer examines various controversies that exist within the broad spectrum of Christianity, presenting the issue and the biblical understanding of the doctrines.
God's standard of success is far different from the worldly standard many Christians have accepted as their measuring stick. Understanding the biblical perspective of failure is the first step toward successful living.
Jeremiah knew that healing was possible. God's name is Jehovah Rapha, which means the God who heals, and God has a balm, a healing salve--His Word. That's why Jeremiah was dismayed. He knew that there was no wound or hurt so great, so horrible, so seemingly destructive that our sovereign God could not heal it. He is God, the God of all flesh, and nothing is too hard for Him. If there is any story that will illustrate this truth, you will find it within the covers of No Place to Cry.
Explores subjects such as: near-death experiences, channeling, reincarnation, heaven, hell, and purgatory, from a Biblical viewpoint. The author, a noted pastor and Bible teacher, expresses amazement that most people spend more time and effort preparing for a trip abroad than in preparing for their eternal future.
When the world's most powerful celebrity (according to Forbes magazine) personally teaches a course on miracles, millions will join her class, including believers of every kind. So what will happen when the coursework blends inspiration and encouragement with some of the oldest heresies in the Enemy's arsenal? People you know and love may dismiss the claims of Jesus Christ as the only way to God.With characteristic insight and clarity, Dr. Erwin Lutzer reveals the true nature of contemporary spirituality, tracing its roots across a range of false belief systems and back to its first appearance in the garden of Eden. In a day when so many seek direction from the media, it remains essential to carefully discern between truth and... The Lie.
Dr. Lutzer shows how Satan's rebellion serves God's purposes.
The author explains the seven reasons why he believes the Bible is a trustworthy book.
The clearer we see God, the clearer we shall see ourselves. With this conviction firmly in mind, Dr. Erwin Lutzer examines ten lies about our Maker that have crept into spiritual thought in postmodern times. And he notes that these deceits are prominent not only in non-Christian minds but in the professing church as well. On the surface, each of these lies may appear at least partially true or even harmless. But, as Dr. Lutzer reveals, each harbors a distinct danger: It isn't biblical, so it puts our faith at risk. In Ten Lies About God he challenges the accuracy of these beliefs: Lie 1: God is whatever we want him to be. Lie 2: Many paths lead into God's presence. Lie 3: God is more tolerant than He used to be. Lie 4: God has personally never suffered. Lie 5: God is obligated to save followers of other religions. Lie 6: God takes no responsibility for natural disasters. Lie 7: God does not know our decisions before we make them. Lie 8: The Fall ruined God's plan. Lie 9: We must choose between God's pleasures and our own. Lie 10: God helps those who help themselves. The goal of Dr. Lutzer's study is not only purity of spiritual belief, but an enhanced worship of God.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.