- Table View
- List View
Anne Couper knew that one day love would come for her-love for one man, endless and abiding. But she never expected that the very first time she looked into the eyes of Lieutenant John Fraser on her eighteenth birthday she would see there the certainty that this man, her enemy, loved her as deeply as she loved him. The lush plantation of Dungeness would become her prison, the man she loved would be her jailer, and together they would learn that while love offers joy, it also brings harsh choices.
Price's soul-searching account of her discovery of Jesus Christ.
Eugenia Price, one of our most beloved inspirational writers, offers this simply written yet profoundly valuable book for anyone struggling through the loss of a loved one. She writes that the healing process comes first from the knowledge that accepting the loss does not mean we stop missing our loved one. It does mean that through God's strength we can one day learn to live again in the morning light....
This novel holds the reader's interest from page one to its rather sad ending. This is the first novel in a trilogy. The book emphasizes hard work, the slavery controversy, disappointment, and a need for faith.
Savannah, 1854. Throughout the city's elegant streets, stirrings of the Civil War are taking hold. For three families, the war has already begun within their hearts, drawing battle lines where once there was love... The Brownings: Mark Browning's unwavering faith in the Union sparks a battle of conscience that threatens all that he holds dear...and challenges the loyalty of his headstrong daughter, Natalie. The Mackays: The elderly matriarch, Miss Eliza, is Mark's only ally in a city divided within itself. The Stileses: Their lives are forever changed as the legacies of the past clash with an uncertain future.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.