- Table View
- List View
This must-read text presents the pioneering work of the late Professor Jacob (Jack) T. Schwartz on computational logic and set theory and its application to proof verification techniques, culminating in the ÆtnaNova system, a prototype computer program designed to verify the correctness of mathematical proofs presented in the language of set theory. Topics and features: describes in depth how a specific first-order theory can be exploited to model and carry out reasoning in branches of computer science and mathematics; presents an unique system for automated proof verification in large-scale software systems; integrates important proof-engineering issues, reflecting the goals of large-scale verifiers; includes an appendix showing formalized proofs of ordinals, of various properties of the transitive closure operation, of finite and transfinite induction principles, and of Zorn's lemma.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.