- Table View
- List View
Managing your money can be stressful. And confusing and complicated advice from the financial industry just makes it harder. But as the authors of this clear, practical, and enlightening book--part financial guide, part exposé--prove, there are just three simple rules you need to follow and only a few investment products that are necessary for an ideal portfolio. That's it. And the authors dispense with all that "expert" advice by deftly debunking what they call investing's Seven Deadly Temptations. By embracing commonsense solutions and rejecting investments that seem enticing but are needlessly complex, overpriced, and risky, you'll put not only yourself in a stronger position but the entire economy as well.
Your financial goals probably include a comfortable retirement, paying for your kids' college education, and long-term healthcare. But you can't reach those goals by putting your money in a savings account. You need to invest it so it grows over time. Three seasoned personal finance experts show you how in this jargon-free guide. Investing demystified. Get clear, real-world examples of why investing is crucial to your financial goals How to invest. Learn how to evaluate four types of investment so you make the right decisions Hidden gems. Discover lesser-known, low-cost investments that provide tax advantages Retirement, Education, Healthcare. Find chapters devoted to the fine points of each of these big-ticket goals Flexibility. Learn how to change your investment strategy as you age Choices. Find an investment plan that's right for you -- whether you're a conservative investor or go-for-broke risk-taker
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.