- Table View
- List View
You're a sophisticated user of Excel--a real pro with spreadsheets--so now dig into its powerful programming capabilities and really put your data to work! From writing code in Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to taking advantage of new XML data-sharing features, this book packs hundreds of timesaving programming solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds all in concise, fast-answer format. Discover the best and fastest ways to build custom business solutions with Excel--and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery! From automating simple tasks to building custom solutions, write better code with VBA Learn best practices for writing and debugging your own macros Use VBA code to manage dates and times, reformat worksheets, and locate external files Extend your Excel solutions by developing your own add-ins Get powerful perspectives on data by programmatically manipulating PivotTable and PivotChart dynamic views Create custom command bars, dialog boxes, and user forms Employ ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) to access external databases Exploit the new XML capabilities in Excel 2003 CD features: Complete eBook in PDF format Insider Extras--including all the authors' sample files and code Catalog of Excel resources with links to third-party tools and demos Microsoft resources and demos, including Insider's Guide to Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 eBook FREE! Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition, eBook--10,000+ entries A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.