- Table View
- List View
Songwriting: Methods, Techniques and Clinical Applications for Music Therapy Clinicians, Educators, and Studentsby Felicity Baker Tony Wigram
This resource for music therapy clinicians, educators, and students describes the effective use of songwriting in working with a variety of client populations. Twelve case examples from experienced practitioners demonstrate how to apply therapeutic songwriting to meet the particular needs of (for example) children at a child and family psychiatric unit, teenagers in a mainstream secondary school, adults recovering from traumatic brain injuries, and hospice patients from diverse cultural backgrounds. The text is accompanied by notated examples of songs produced in therapy. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
The authors bring together 16 chapters by a group of music therapy voicework specialists from North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia who describe to music therapy students, practitioners, and researchers voicework techniques for clients of all ages. They explain structured and free approaches to voicework with autistic and at-risk children; adults who were told as children they could not sing; newborns; individuals with emotional trauma, dementia, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, neurological damage, Parkinson's disease, and aphasia or apraxia; and those in hospice or palliative care. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.