- Table View
- List View
This book will open your mind and renew your life! The late Florence Scovel Shinn, artist, metaphysician, and lecturer, left us with this beautiful and inspiring book brimming with precious brimming with the power of the word and the precions knowledge of the laws of perfect self-expression, and intuition. Her enlightening words and basic principles will teach you to turn defeat into victory...lack into prosperity...fear into faith...and resentment into love. Learn how to use the power of your thought, and make life a "winning game" -- not a losing battle.
A self-help classic since 1925, The Game of Life and How to Play It uses real-life stories and practical wisdom to guide readers to prosperity through a positive attitude. The Game of Life and How to Play It is now reset and grouped together with three other short books by Florence Scovel Shinn for an all-in-one, definitive volume. Affordably priced, beautifully packaged, and all-inclusive, this is the Shinn collection that readers will treasure.
The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds, and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy. Florence Scovel Shinn, a prominent and provocative twentieth-century leader of the New Thought movement, was known for her sage guidance on prosperity, intuition, relationships, and fulfillment. Shinn's distinct philosophy and practical approach included enlightening affirmations, timeless anecdotes, and action-based advice that are still relevant for the fast-paced world of today. In addition to Shinn's original writings, The New Game of Life features Dr. Ruth L. Miller's contemporary translations as well as additional exercises and summaries to fully engage a new generation of thinkers. *** Includes Original Text Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle, it is a game. Florence Scovel Shinn New Thought leader Florence Scovel Shinn's The Game of Life and How to Play It, was originally published in 1925 and still stands today as one of the earliest and most accessible introductions to the Law of Attraction, the backbone of the bestselling book and movie The Secret. Now, Dr. Ruth L. Miller, New Thought minister and series editor of the Library of Hidden Knowledge, takes you to the very heart of Shinn's original wisdom through insightful modern interpretations. With incredible vision, moving stories, and accessible "game" plans for success, The New Game of Life and How to Play It deftly guides you toward a life of prosperity and fulfillment.
Here in one volume are the four collected works of one of America's most beloved and best-selling inspirational authors. In her classic best-seller The Game of Life, Florence Scovel Shinn reveals the timeless message that has helped thousands to solve their problems. You can create anything you want simply by aligning your thoughts and words with the perfect good that resides divinely within you. Combined with the powerful affirmation found in Your Word Is Your Wand and the stirring examples of real-life successes in the other two volumes, The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn provides a complete guide for learning how to turn defeat into victory, lack into prosperity, fear into faith, and resentment into love.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.