- Table View
- List View
Georgie, raised in the States, goes to visit large extended family in Guam. He and one cousin, Frankie, dislike each other from the start. Georgie is afraid of the ocean and many things on the island. One day Frankie steals his father's boat and takes Georgie out to see dolphins. They become friends during this event, but then they run out of gas on the return trip. They spend 3 days lost on the ocean.
On Guam, a little girl hunts for duendes, happy little people who dance in the swamp when the moon is big and round, and scurry back to their hiding places when the dew starts to drop. While she hunts in the swamp, she comes across many of the native animals of Guam. The book includes classroom discussion questions, activities, and a recipe for cookies that Little Girl makes in the story.
Collection if images both written and visuals of Micronesia. The short stories and poetry are written by both student and semi-proffesional writers native to the Micronesia islands.
Isa plants an avocado seed on Guam and watches the plant grow, but then a typhoon sweeps across Guam. Includes classroom discussion questions and activities.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.