- Table View
- List View
Georgie, raised in the States, goes to visit large extended family in Guam. He and one cousin, Frankie, dislike each other from the start. Georgie is afraid of the ocean and many things on the island. One day Frankie steals his father's boat and takes Georgie out to see dolphins. They become friends during this event, but then they run out of gas on the return trip. They spend 3 days lost on the ocean.
On Guam, a little girl hunts for duendes, happy little people who dance in the swamp when the moon is big and round, and scurry back to their hiding places when the dew starts to drop. While she hunts in the swamp, she comes across many of the native animals of Guam. The book includes classroom discussion questions, activities, and a recipe for cookies that Little Girl makes in the story.
Collection if images both written and visuals of Micronesia. The short stories and poetry are written by both student and semi-proffesional writers native to the Micronesia islands.
Isa plants an avocado seed on Guam and watches the plant grow, but then a typhoon sweeps across Guam. Includes classroom discussion questions and activities.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.