- Table View
- List View
Isn't it time to stop asking, "What would Jesus do?" and start asking, "What is Jesus doing now?"Follow is a real-life guide to discipleship the Jesus way. Here Floyd McClung tells how he traded a life of religion for a life of relationship with Jesus--a relationship that led him to form communities of Christian disciples around the world.Taking the Gospels at face value leads Floyd to define a radical strategy for discipling new believers while strengthening our own devotional lives. He details practical ideas for forming discipleship groups that reflect Jesus's principles of accountability, transparency, humility, and outreach. Through it all, Floyd emphasizes the importance of following Jesus personally rather than adhering to ineffective rules or traditions.With stories and scriptural principles, Floyd McClung leads us through the liberating process of changing the focus of our lives from ourselves to Jesus so we can do life the way Jesus did--and experience a richer spiritual life than we've ever known.
When thousands of young people checked out of Western society and sought enlightenment in the East, Floyd and Sally McClung set aside the comforts of American suburbia and answered God's call to reach out to them with the gospel. In Kabul, Afghanistan, a key stop on the hippy trail, and later in Amsterdam, Holland, the West's own window to that trail, the McClungs committed themselves to meeting the penniless, the drugged, the sick, and the disillusioned right where they were. Whether among hippy seekers or the addicts and prostitutes of Amsterdam's infamous Red Light District, the McClungs lived out a message of hope. Living on the Devil's Doorstep is a dramatic example of the difference one family can make when they are willing to trust GOd and walk in obedience to His call for their lives. On every continent, in every nation, God is at work in and through the lives of believers. From the streets of Manila to mysterious Albania to the jungles of Ecuador and beyond. This and every title in the International Adventures series emerges as a dramatic episode that could be directed only by the hand of God. There are 14 books in this International Adventures series.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.