- Table View
- List View
Now recognized as a reservoir for growth factors and cytokines modulating cell activation status and turnover, proteoglycans have stimulated great amount of interest and research. In Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field examine issues of basic concepts and up-to-date analysis methods for proteoglycan and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) at the protein and saccharide levels. The volume continues with the multifunctional aspect of proteoglycans, highlighted through three relevant examples of proteoglycans with highly different strucutures: serglycin, aggrecan, and heparin sulphate proteoglycans. The final chapter describes proteoglycan involvement in the pathogenesis of various disorders and their potential therapeutic value in osteo-articular diseases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide for scientists attempting to pursue further research in this vital and complex area of study.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.