- Table View
- List View
Now recognized as a reservoir for growth factors and cytokines modulating cell activation status and turnover, proteoglycans have stimulated great amount of interest and research. In Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field examine issues of basic concepts and up-to-date analysis methods for proteoglycan and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) at the protein and saccharide levels. The volume continues with the multifunctional aspect of proteoglycans, highlighted through three relevant examples of proteoglycans with highly different strucutures: serglycin, aggrecan, and heparin sulphate proteoglycans. The final chapter describes proteoglycan involvement in the pathogenesis of various disorders and their potential therapeutic value in osteo-articular diseases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide for scientists attempting to pursue further research in this vital and complex area of study.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.