- Table View
- List View
For teachers at the elementary and secondary levels, this guide outlines strategies for teaching gifted learners. Karnes (curriculum, instruction, and special education, U. of Southern Mississippi) and Bean (education, Mississippi U. for Women) bring together 23 chapters that cover the characteristics and needs of gifted learners, curricular design, process skills development, instructional units, evaluating outcomes, supporting and enhancing gifted programs, and practices such as problem-based learning, creative teaching strategies, independent study, mentorships, and classroom simulations. Chapter authors are scholars, researchers, and consultants in gifted education in the US. In addition to being revised and expanded, this edition includes teacher statements and discussion questions in each chapter. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.