- Table View
- List View
Groen examines medical librarianship, tracing its history, and considering changes in the field caused by developments in information technology and telecommunications.<P> She attempts to understand why librarians make certain choices and develop certain services. She draws on her own experiences as a medical librarian and in associations and defines three core values of medical librarians: providing access to the medical literature, empowering and educating library users, and preserving the wisdom of the past. Discussion revolves around access to clinical information and consumer health information in the internet age, challenges to providing access, alternative methods, and communication. The book is meant for medical librarians, professors, and other library and information professionals.<P> Groen has been affiliated with Falk Library of the Health Professions, U. of Pittsburgh, and the medical library at McGill U. in Canada. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.