The CliffsTestPrep series offers full-length practice exams that simulate the real tests; proven test-taking strategies to increase your chances at doing well; and thorough review exercises to help fill in any knowledge gaps.CliffsTestPrep Nursing School Entrance Exam can help you enter a growing field. More than two million registered nurses practice in the United States, and the U.S. Department of Labor expects more jobs to be created for registered nurses than for any other occupation. Use this study guide to help you get a job right away. Inside, you'll findFull-length practice testsPractice questions, answers, and explanations in each chapterAn overview of nursing as a career. Find out which degrees you need and the specialties you might consider.Contact information for nursing associations and licensing information for State Boards of NursingThis book will help you understand the types of questions that will test your knowledge of several basic areas such as vocabulary (prefixes, suffixes, roots, and more) and reading comprehension. In addition, you'll hone your knowledge of subjects such asBasic math, including fractions, decimals, percents, geometry, and measurementData interpretation, table reading, and quantitative comparisonsGeneral science, including genetics and molecular biologyHuman anatomy and physiology, including the digestive system, respiratory system, and circulatory systemChemistry, including atomic structure; molecules and compounds; equations and reactions; acids, bases and solutions; radioactivity, and organic chemistryPhysics, including motion, weight/mass, frictional force, fluids, and sound wavesWith guidance from the CliffsTestPrep series, you'll feel at home in any standardized-test environment!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.