- Table View
- List View
This is the true story of a West Texas cowhand.
12-year-old Cotton is disappointed when he doesn't get a dog for Christmas. Then he bonds with a young hound while on a hunting trip with his friend and an unusual man named Blackie.
A small twelve-year-old boy's determination to prove he is tough sets him on the trail of a runaway horse.
At first, Travis couldn't stand the sight of Old Yeller The stray dog was ugly, and a thieving rascal, too. But he sure was clever, and a smart dog could be a big help on the wild Texas frontier, especially with Papa away on a long cattle drive up to Abilene. Strong and courageous, Old Yeller proved that he could protect Travis's family from any sort of danger. But can Travis do the same for Old Yeller?
This is a tale about a dog we called Savage Sam. It's partly about me, too, and about Papa and Little Arliss and a girl named Lisbeth Searcy and some others. But it's mainly about Sam, on account of without him, there wouldn't have been much of a tale to tell or anybody left to tell it. Papa was the one named him Savage Sam. He did it as a joke. This was back when Sam was still just an old clumsy big-footed, rump-sprung pup.
This story of the little red rooster Dick, who trails a herd of longhorns to Dodge City during the dusty days of the Old West, takes its place with stories of Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Old Stormy, and John Henry as one of the classics that endears itself to young and old alike.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.