- Table View
- List View
The ultimate guide to the past, present, and future of same-sex relationship laws in the U.S. Same-sex relationships are treated differently under each state's laws, and nearly a quarter of the U.S. population lives in a state with some form of legal recognition for same-sex couples. More than 85,000 same-sex couples have entered a legal relationship since 1997. Making It Legal is the only book that offers a comprehensive review of all the issues that influence the decision to marry, breaks down the complex and ever-changing rules of same-sex relationship laws, and provides practical guidance on one of the most important decisions a couple can make. Following a brief history of the same-sex marriage movement and a survey of the current legal landscape, Making It Legal discusses the important factors involved in the personal decision to marry along with the issues that every married couple may face: Is a pre-nup advisable? What does it involve? What happens when you want to file your taxes? When is a will or a living trust needed? What are the special needs of same-sex couples with kids? When should you turn to professionals for help during disagreements? How do you work with step-parents, past partners, and the blended family? Nationally-recognized same-sex relationship law expert Attorney Frederick Hertz and Attorney Emily Doskow have written the ultimate guide to the ultimate decision -- whether to enter into a marriage or other legal relationship with your same-sex partner.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.