- Table View
- List View
Presented to aid non-physicians in substance abuse treatment, 12 revised chapters offer discussions of theory and clinical practice in six major approaches to treatment: Alcoholics Anonymous 12-step, psychodynamic, marital/family, cognitive-behavioral, contingency management, and motivational approaches. After the paired theoretical/clinical chapters, two final contributions discuss pharmacotherapy and issues of integrating theory, research, and practice. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Describes five theories of substance abuse treatment and details how to translate each theory into actual practice. Material on 12-step, psychodynamic, behavioral, marital/family, and motivational approaches incorporates case examples, discussion of advantages and disadvantages of each approach, and treatment techniques. Includes a chapter on emerging pharmacological approaches. For advanced students in psychology, social work, and medicine, and for substance abuse counselors in training. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
Widely adopted, this state-of-the-art text and clinical resource captures the breadth of current knowledge about substance abuse and its treatment. For each of the major evidence-based treatment approaches, a chapter on basic assumptions and theories is followed by a chapter on clinical applications, including illustrative case material. Expert contributors cover motivational, contingency management, cognitive-behavioral, 12-step, family, and pharmacological approaches. Concluding chapters discuss effective ways to integrate different treatments in a range of clinical settings. New to This Edition, *Reflects significant advances in research and clinical practice. Chapter on the biology of substance use disorders. Chapter on an additional treatment setting: primary care. Chapter on case management.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.