- Table View
- List View
Offers matter-of-fact answers and empathy to those close to someone with Alzheimer's disease.
The Alzheimer's Sourcebook for Caregivers is the only fact-based, hands-on, caregiving guide written by an in-home Alzheimer's caregiver. This unique book helps you work through the personal issues surrounding caregiving, including: how to recognize and manage stress, how to deal with difficult behaviors, how to find outside help when necessary, how to nurture your own well-being, Using her own experiences and those of hundreds of other home caregivers, Frena Gray-Davidson teaches you how to be protective, concerned, and nurturing while still accepting and growing in your new role.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.