- Table View
- List View
The son of the Duke Ernst of Bavaria-Munich Albrecht falls during a tournament in the Civil Agnes Bernauer, daughter of simple barber Caspar Bernauer from Augsburg. As Albrecht Agnes then hits a ball, he holds her hand. In order to protect them from the consequences of this wedding, Caspar tried to arrange a marriage with his journeyman Theobald, Agnes but refuses. <P> <P> Albrecht Ritter Nothafft and woman Hoven simultaneously trying Albrecht dissuade his idea. Nevertheless Albrecht eventually succeeded, Agnes and Caspar to convince them of the secret wedding. <P> <P> Ernst deplores the division of Bavaria and has a marriage between Anna of Brunswick and Albrecht arranged whereby peace would occur between these duchies again. He is convinced that Albrecht would accept this wedding and sent his chancellor Preising to inform him. Albrecht leaning against all objections Preisings from this marriage, but promises to appear at a tournament. In this tournament, actually wanted to announce the wedding in the Ernst Albrecht confirmed the rumors about his marriage with Agnes, and he is disinherited by his father in favor of his cousin Adolph. <P> <P> After three years Adolph dies however. Serious signs then despite doubt a death sentence against Agnes, which has already been made shortly after the tournament. Otherwise, he may have namely fear for the succession, as Albrecht - now his sole heir - the throne could not climb with a middle-class women. Also would erupt without heir a war for Munich-Bavaria, tried to prevent the Ernst. As Albrecht would never allow the death sentence, Ernst lures him with the invitation off to a tournament of her. Meanwhile storming soldiers his castle and take Agnes caught. Chancellor Preising then makes a last attempt to save Agnes before death, by requiring it to divest itself of Albrecht. This refuses, however, and is then drowned in the Danube. <P> <P> As Albrecht learns of Agnes's death, he lights several villages and will devastate even Munich. Only when a messenger from the emperor and an apostle of the Church order him to submit to Ernst, he calmed down and finally gets along well with his father, who then appointed him Duke and confidently to the monastery. 
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.