HAUTE OUT OF THE OVEN--BITCHIN' KITCHEN'S NADIA G IS COOKIN' FOR TROUBLE! Culinary It-girl Nadia G is just as skilled strutting in stilettos as she is wielding a meat cleaver. Now this Julia Child of the Net generation and host of the wildly popular Bitchin' Kitchen TV show on the Cooking Channel brings her savvy chef know-how and rock star 'tude to glam up your dining experience. Trained at the culinary institute of Hard Wooden Spoon Whacks, Nadia says that her passion for food started in her Italian family's kitchen, where meals became moments. In Cookin' for Trouble, she shares recipes and cooking tips for beginner and seasoned home cooks to liven any occasion. * Back-of-the-Fridge Bachelor Brunches: Sometimes what lurks in the back of our fridge isn't that inspiring, unless it's been there long enough to strike up a conversation. No groceries, no problem! With just a few leftovers, whip up a scrumptious Sartu di Patate, or a Pasta Frittata that tastes like you'd planned it for days. * (Dysfunctional) Family Pizza Night: Bring your family and thighs closer together with the Giosia familia recipe for Rustica Pan Pizza, Puttanesca Panzerotti, and Traditional Italian Frittelle smothered in a creamy chocolate-nougat fondue. * Makeover Meals: We all get stuck in a rut sometimes, whether it's the same boring dish, hairstyle, or boyfriend. It's time for an upgrade! Turn ordinary dishes on their head with inspired crispy Tuna Sliders, smoky Chicken Risotto, and juicy Meatloaf Kebabs. * Plus Nadia's creative menus for Hi-Speed Suppers, Girl's Night In, Veg-Head Specials, Student Shkoff-fest, and a special chapter devoted to everyone's favorite food group: Bacon! I know--we had you at "Bacon." But there's more! Loaded with gorgeous photos, more than fifty original recipes, sanity-saving "Nadvice," a Bitchin' Party Guide, and a hunky team of food correspondents--Panos, the Spice Agent, and Hans--Cookin' for Trouble will take your meals from square to sassy faster than you can say "Tsaketa."* *and for newbies, there's an Italian Slang Dictionary!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.