- Table View
- List View
Every parent wants their child to flourish throughout their education, and few decisions are more difficult than choosing the right school. Selected by Gabbitas' panel of experts, this new guide highlights the best in independent education, including a listing of the most exceptional schools, and chosen for their all-round academic excellence; opportunities; history, culture and ethos; prospects for school leavers; facilities and staff-to-student ratios. With its unique emphasis on the overall development of the student, taking into account a range of important criteria, The Gabbitas Top 500 Independent Schools offers a more genuine reflection of the best schools than relying solely on league tables. Fully supported by Gabbitas consultants' accompanying website, this guide will allow parents to make the most informed decision about their child's education.
All parents want their child to be happy and successful at school, but few decisions are harder than identifying the right school for your child. The Independent Schools Guide, now in its 18th edition, provides all the guidance and advice needed to make the most informed decisions. The book includes an extensive reference section for over 2,000 schools; details on fee planning, scholarships and bursaries; guidance for overseas parents, including language support and guardianship, and detailed profiles of over 200 schools and colleges. For any parent, guardian or carer who is considering the independent sector, this is the definitive reference source.
Special needs provision continues to be the focus of much attention. Growing emphasis on the importance of meeting individual and often highly complex needs means that finding the right school for a child can be a complicated process. Schools for Special Needs explains the full system of special needs education in the UK, and offers parents and carers a comprehensive range of information and advice on key areas of concern, along with the details of more than 2,000 establishments. The book provides commentary from experts in all sectors of special education, and includes: advice on assessment and identification of needs, statementing and school choice; the role of the local authority; the Special Educational Needs Codes of Practice; guidance on further and higher education; and indexes listing schools according to type of need.
Special needs provision continues to be the focus of much attention. A growing emphasis on the importance of meeting individual and often complex needs means that finding the right school for your child can be a complicated process. Schools for Special Needs is an indispensable aid for anyone investigating the legal and practical aspects of SEN provision for children and young people at all stages of education. This fully updated guide covers: assessment and identification of needs, statementing, suitable provision and school choice; all special needs from ADHD and Autism to Speech and Language Difficulty and Visual Impairment; where to seek help, parents' rights and the role of the local authority; the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice; directories of independent and non-maintained special schools, colleges and support services; state-maintained special schools, and mainstream independent schools with specialist provision.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.