- Table View
- List View
Do all dogs and cats really go to heaven? Yes, they do! The death of your beloved pet can be one of the most heartbreaking losses you'll ever endure. But recovery isn't only about closure. You also want to know where your best friend has gone. After the intense, unexpected grief he experienced following the loss of his own companions, animal lover and biblical scholar Gary Kurz set out to prove that there are indeed pets in Paradise. After devoting countless hours of research, he now shares his inspiring insights to bring you a richer understanding of animals and their souls. You'll finally find answers to common questions about animals and the afterlife--and you'll also get a 30-day devotional to help you work through your grief. If you've ever loved and lost a pet, or if you know someone who has shared a special bond with a furry face and a cold, wet nose, you'll welcome this amazing book's reassurance that love and loyalty are truly eternal, and that someday, you and your pets will be together again.
From the book: Employing his Bible education and more than 20,000 hours of personal Bible study, the author thoughtfully and convincingly addresses a question that is often on our minds, but seldom uttered aloud, that of animal afterlife. Organizing his research and thoughts into [an] easy to understand format, he approaches the reader with the heart of one who has personally known loss, seeking to provide comfort and hope. Since being published in 1996, Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates has earned modest fame and recognition via chapters of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, independent animal shelters, radio interviews and Psychiatrists desiring to use portions of the book as part of their grief recovery regimen for their patients. Most importantly to the author however, are the countless letters of appreciation he has received from readers who have been helped through his work. No guide dog user should be without this book. Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates will present the reader with concepts! and ideas they may never have considered before. Some may scoff Others may shrug at their uncertainty. But those who know and love their animals for the wonderful personalities they are will assimilate very well to the logical conclusions drawn by this author.
How will we meet our beloved pets in the hereafter?Will our pets look and act the same in heaven as they did in life? Will the reunion last for eternity or only for a precious few fleeting moments? While coping with the loss of a cherished pet, solace can be found in knowing that one day we'll meet our furry friends in heaven. But how can the idea of eternity with our devoted companions provide comfort if we don't understand what that future will look like? Drawing on Scripture, Gary Kurz helps grieving people understand the mystery of death, painting a pragmatic, yet comforting portrait of the reunion we will have with God and our animal confidants in heaven. Uplifting, compassionate and wise, Furry Friends Forevermore transforms grief to hope, allowing pet lovers to take comfort in the knowledge that we will indeed meet our cherished best friends once more. Praise for Gary Kurz and Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates"Wonderful, inspiring and comforting. . . a must read if you want to know that without a doubt you will see your pets in heaven. " --Mary Buddemeyer-Porter, author of Will I See Fido in Heaven?"A great comfort to me and all I am associated with. " --Terry Hickey, Founder, Halton/Peel Pet Loss Support Group
The Truth About Cats And Dogs And Their Existence In Heaven. . . Will our departed pets greet us on the other side? Are their spirits watching and protecting us right now? Will they be happy? If you've ever loved and lost a pet, you understand the power of a truly special bond. Animal or human, we are all God's creatures-and the love we share must surely be eternal. In this enlightening book, author Gary Kurz offers surprising and comforting evidence of an animal afterlife. You'll discover what the Bible says about the souls of animals; how pet angels devote themselves to humanity; what your dog or cat might look like in heaven; and what to expect when you're reunited on a spiritual plane. You'll also hear amazing firsthand accounts of "ghost pet" visitations, animal communications from beyond, and heartwarming tales of heroism, loyalty, and everlasting love. Deeply moving and truly inspiring, Kurz's book goes beyond his acclaimed Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates-proving once and for all that the pets we cherish will stay with us throughout eternity. . . . "For those of us who love our pets so passionately, Gary Kurz thoughtfully and thoroughly gives hope that death is not the end for our furry, scaled, and feathered friends. " -Francine Hornberger, co-author of So You Think You Know About Cats?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.