Praise for Project Management Accounting "Let me start with what the Second Edition of Project Management Accounting is not. . . . it is not an inch wide and a mile deep. Instead, it provides multiple lenses to anticipate both intended and unintended consequences through sound principles of Project Management and accounting as well as inquiry focused on both risks to the project and reputational capital. It should be on every decision makers bookshelf to pick up and remind them of their essential foundation when they face a major project or the risk of mental myopia. " -Barry van Dyck, PhD, Recruiting and Admissions Director, EMBA, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame Acquire the accounting knowledge and skills to become a top-performing Project Management professional Project Management accounting involves much more than just understanding how project income and expense impact the general ledger. To truly succeed in today's competitive business environment, project managers must also understand how to budget resources, determine ROI, and track costs and expenses for projects as well as become adept at strategy and executive decision making and portfolio management. With its focus on accounting, Project Management Accounting: Budgeting, Tracking, and Reporting Costs and Profitability, Second Edition is designed to enhance the business skills of project managers at all levels of experience. Now in a fully updated second edition, Project Management Accounting clearly explains step-by-step how project expensing (for both internal projects and outside vendors) should be capitalized or expensed in order to keep the budget on track and improve profitability. The proficient author team of Callahan, Stetz, and Brooks culls their decades of experience to show readers how to achieve the greatest tax/cost savings by helping them determine what portion of the project can be capitalized. This Second Edition of Project Management Accounting includes current case studies and sample checklists to help professionals hit the ground running by immediately applying concepts to their own business scenarios. Here, CFOs, controllers, project managers, and accounting managers will discover how to: Understand risk assessment from an accounting and auditing perspectiv Maximize project outcomes by leveraging accounting and financing tools and principles Improve each project's profitability by understanding its costs and benefits Analyze their business's financial information to choose the right project, every time Apply proper accounting principles to a project Develop a project budget based on a company's financial performance and needs Project Management Accounting provides the knowledge and skills to become proficient in Project Management and maximize the profitability and ROI of any project.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.