- Table View
- List View
Robert Londrigan seems to have it all. He is a newscaster with a rising career. He has a beautiful wife, Denise, and a new baby on the way. But in just a few short hours Robert's world is turned upside down. Now his family is gone. But the torment only gets worse when his daughter's body is stolen from the morgue by a strange, disfigured man....Robert is about to begin a journey into a world of nightmare, an unimaginable world of mystery, horror and revelation. He will learn, (from both the living and the dead), secrets about this world and things beyond this world. Though his journey will be grotesque, terrifying and heartbreaking, he will not be allowed to stop. But can he survive with his mind intact? Can he survive at all?
The ordinary life of Gil Stewart descends into a nightmare of weird events and images, including strange animals. When Gil sees a pattern emerge, he can only await the coming of the Keepers.
The Book also includes Braunbeck's International Horror Guild Award-winning novella, Kiss of the Mudman featuring characters from Mr. hands.
Isaac Asimov's I-Bots are back. Half-human, half-robot, these unique cybernetic creations--first introduced in Asimov's "Robot" novels, including "I, Robot"--live on in this brand-new novel by two of SF's rising stars. Annabelle Donohoe, the CEO of World Tech, is mad as hell." "Her dreams of world domination died the day Zac Robillard discovered her evil plans and fled World Tech, taking his greatest creation, his beloved I-Bots, and all his research, with him. More than super machines, more than robots, the I-Bots are eerily human in appearance, but not in abilities. Their genetic components - based on human DNA - and mechanical infrastructures give them physical strength and powers humans can only imagine, and a measure of free will impossible in robots." "Annabelle wants them back and will stop at nothing to get her way, including hiring the world's deadliest assassin to find Zac, and his I-Bots - the beautiful Radiant and Killaine, clever Itazura, Psy-4, and Stonewall - and bring them in...or kill them. For if Annabelle cannot have the I-Bots she vows that no one else can either. But Janus, the ruthless killer, is not the only hunter they must elude..." "Surrounded by enemies, Zac and the I-Bots can find no safe place, not even the streets. In the year 2013, the Silver Metal Stompers, a neo-Nazi gang, roam the nation's cities wreaking havoc on robots, especially Scrappers, out-moded homeless robots who huddle in hobo camps, rusting away unless they are repaired by a mysterious humanitarian and robotarian called DocScrap. In an unlucky twist of fate, the Stompers discover DocScrap is none other than Zac Robillard and that the I-Bots aren't exactly human...and vow to crush Zac and the I-Bots into wreckage.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.