- Table View
- List View
This is a book about breaking free from the desire to overeat, eat for emotional reasons, and/or binge on food. The author shares her personal story of dieting, her use of food for comfort, and how she found a way to make peace with food and herself. This isn't a diet book. It's more like a conversation with a friend who has been there and believes she has ideas to share that can help to end your struggle with your weight and life. This is a companion to the book Feeding The Hungry Heart.
There is an end to the anguish of emotional eating -- and this book explainshow to achieve it. Geneen Roth, whose Feeding the Hungry Heart and When FoodIs Love have brought understanding and acceptance to tens of thousands ofreaders over the last two decades, here outlines her proven program forresolving the conflicts at the root of overeating. Using simple techniquesdeveloped in her highly successful seminars, she offers reassuring,practical advice. .
In this inspiring and joyous book,New York Times bestselling author Geneen Roth introduces her remarkable twenty-pound cat, Mister Blanche, and her beloved father, Bernard, as she takes readers deep into the story of how each finally taught her to love without reservation and accept that she might someday lose those whom she believed she couldn't live without. Told with warmth and wit,The Craggy Hole in My Heart and The Cat Who Fixed Itis a poignant and funny story about how to live with love and never live without it.
The Craggy Hole in My Heart and the Cat Who Fixed It: Over the Edge and Back with My Dad, My Cat, and Meby Geneen Roth
In this inspiring and joyous book,New York Times bestselling author Geneen Roth introduces her remarkable twenty-pound cat, Mister Blanche, and her beloved father, Bernard, as she takes readers deep into the story of how each finally taught her to love without reservation and accept that she might someday lose those whom she believed she couldn't live without. Told with warmth and wit, The Craggy Hole in My Heart and The Cat Who Fixed It is a poignant and funny story about how to live with love--and never live without it.
Geneen Roth is back with her most personal book to date. She invites readers to explore the role of food in their lives and how it can be linked with the need for love and security. Through personal stories and practical ideas, readers may come to see how this dynamic is active in their own lives.
When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But)by Geneen Roth
Geneen Roth's pioneering books were among the first to link overeating and compulsive dieting with deeply personal issues that go far beyond weight and body image. Now, in this fun, practical book, she helps readers radically shift their relationships with food and find more life-affirming ways to care for themselves. With an exhilarating combination of intelligence and wicked good humor, she offers bite-sized pieces of invaluable wisdom.
Geneen Roth's 1991 bestseller, When Food Is Love , spoke to a wide audience--including Oprah Winfrey, who embraced Roth's empowering message. Since then, Roth has taken the sum total of her experience and combined it with spirituality, psychology, and self-awareness to explain women's true hunger in Women, Food, and God . . Roth's approach to eating is the same as any addiction--it is an activity to avoid feeling emotions. From the first page, readers will be struck by Roth's intelligence, humor, and sensitivity, as she traces the path of overeating from its subtle beginning through its logical end. Whether the drug is booze or brownies, the problem is the same: opting out of life. Roth's premier advice is eat anything you want . She powerfully argues for personal investigation and urges readers to pay attention to what they truly need--and it usually cannot be found in a supermarket. She provides seven basic guidelines for eating (the most important is to never diet) and shares reassuring, practical advice that has over the years helped thousands of women who have attended her highly successful seminars and workshops. . Truly a thinking woman's guide to eating--and an anti-diet book-- women everywhere will find insights and revelations on every page. .
The bestselling author of "When Food Is Love" helps overeaters find the underlying reasons for using food as an emotional buffer. Roth also provides seven basic guidelines for eating and other therapeutic self-help tools.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.