- Table View
- List View
The revised and updated second edition of this cutting-edge collection brings together readings both classic and new on the theme of global environmental politics from a diversity of viewpoints and values orientations. In selections chosen for their authority and edited to preserve their integrity, Green Planet Blues speaks with many voices-from Garrett Hardin and Herman Daly to Tanvai Nagpal, Chico Mendes, and Gita Sen, and from the World Bank and the United Nations Development Programme to indigenous peoples of the Amazon. North-South relations combined with an emphasis on class, race, and gender are leitmotivs threaded throughout the selections. The paradigms of sustainable development, environmental security, and ecological justice are used to explicate topics ranging from climate change, population growth, deforestation, the ozone layer, acid rain, and toxic dumping to transboundary pollution and the global commons. The editors introduce the volume and each part using international relations concepts and frameworks such as sovereignty, transnationalism, international conflict and cooperation, and institutional reform. They help students make connections among the various readings and between environmental issues and political analysis. Indispensable as background reading, a stimulus for discussion, or a survey of the field, Green Planet Blues is an essential part of any course in environmental studies and international relations. The second edition features new material on social movements, consumption, business and the environment, and human security, as well as expanded discussions of trade and the environment,the World Bank, and sustainable development. Each section has been supplemented with suggested readings, critical thinking exercises, and a list of internet resources.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.