- Table View
- List View
Each title in the Allyn & Bacon Johnson & Grant Casebook Series presents three to four in-depth cases in a different topic area, prefaced by an introduction to generalist social work practice. Allyn & Bacon Casebook Series for Substance Abuse, First Edition by Jerry Johnson and George Grant provides students with personal and intimate glimpses into the thinking and actions of experienced practitioners working with with substance abusing clients. The contributors to this casebook combined many decades of social work experience and teaching to create a one-of-a-kind tool for students to study and analyze how practitioners think about practice.
English-Speaking Justice was first delivered during The Josiah Wood Lectures at Mount Allison University in 1974 and was published by the University in 1978. Anansi is pleased to co-publish the present edition with the University of Notre Dame Press. The text is essentially the same as the Mount Allison edition, except for the expansion of certain citations in the footnotes.
George Grant-philosopher, conservative, Canadian nationalist, Christian-was one of Canada's most significant thinkers, and the author of Lament for a Nation, Technology and Justice, and English-Speaking Justice. In Technology and Empire, his comments on technology, religion, the university, political structures, and the significance of modern life are perhaps the most disturbing and enlightening to come from any Canadian philosopher.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.