- Table View
- List View
If there's one thing that we know about the future, it's this: It has already begun. The changes that will shape our lives in the next ten to twenty years are already in motion-from demographic changes to new technology, and from social trends to novel ways of doing business. The pace of change can be overwhelming, and until now, there hasn't been an accessible reference guide that summarizes the most important trends in every industry.
The American Film Institute Desk Reference is the most comprehensive book on filmmaking. It provides detailed information on the world of film, its history and its personalities.
If you're a movie or television fan - how many of these questions can you answer? What was the last picture show in The Last Picture Show? Where was the stagecoach headed in Stagecoach? What was the name of the dinosaur bone in Bringing Up Baby? What did Gomer Pyle do before he entered the Marines? Who played Gentle Ben? Like The Book of Answers, this book answers hundreds of questions in one of the New York Public LIbrary Telephone Reference Service's most popular areas - film and television. It covers the biggest stars, breakthrough productions, famous on-and-off-screen incidents, and film and TV history and trivia. Movies and TV: The New York Public Library Book of Answers is both informative and entertaining - a treasure trove of fascinating movie and TV facts, a perfect companion to The Book of Answers, and a real treat for movie and TV fans.
To hold the interest of knowledgeable sci-fi readers, a writer the genre must stay within certain fuzzy boundaries of scientific belief. This volume provides some of the scientific detail that will make a writer's adventures compelling and consistent with current views of the universe. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.