- Table View
- List View
If there's one thing that we know about the future, it's this: It has already begun. The changes that will shape our lives in the next ten to twenty years are already in motion-from demographic changes to new technology, and from social trends to novel ways of doing business. The pace of change can be overwhelming, and until now, there hasn't been an accessible reference guide that summarizes the most important trends in every industry.
The American Film Institute Desk Reference is the most comprehensive book on filmmaking. It provides detailed information on the world of film, its history and its personalities.
If you're a movie or television fan - how many of these questions can you answer? What was the last picture show in The Last Picture Show? Where was the stagecoach headed in Stagecoach? What was the name of the dinosaur bone in Bringing Up Baby? What did Gomer Pyle do before he entered the Marines? Who played Gentle Ben? Like The Book of Answers, this book answers hundreds of questions in one of the New York Public LIbrary Telephone Reference Service's most popular areas - film and television. It covers the biggest stars, breakthrough productions, famous on-and-off-screen incidents, and film and TV history and trivia. Movies and TV: The New York Public Library Book of Answers is both informative and entertaining - a treasure trove of fascinating movie and TV facts, a perfect companion to The Book of Answers, and a real treat for movie and TV fans.
To hold the interest of knowledgeable sci-fi readers, a writer the genre must stay within certain fuzzy boundaries of scientific belief. This volume provides some of the scientific detail that will make a writer's adventures compelling and consistent with current views of the universe. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.