- Table View
- List View
The 9th edition of Tortora's "Introduction to the Human Body 8e" provides basic content, focused design, and relevant connections about the essentials of anatomy and physiology. All chapters are focused on the essential structure and functions of the human body needed for a basic understanding of homeostasis. The concise narrative is paired with outstanding illustrations, many newly revised for this edition, that help keep readers fully engaged with the topic at hand. Dynamic animations of key physiological processes as well as interactive anatomy reviews are fully integrated when the content is introduced in WileyPLUS. The new edition also features fully updated Clinical Connections that provide relevance to help understand what happens when homeostasis is disrupted, and providing insights into the content and knowledge to come in their allied health curriculum. The popular feature - Focus on Wellness - is completely updated with new content and topics. A pedagogical design is reflected in both printed text and WileyPLUS and clear learning objectives along with checkpoint questions for practice and review bookend each focused section of content within a chapter.
Anatomy textbook. * "Clinical Application" sections demonstrate the clinical or professional significance of the discussion. * Coverage of scientific research and breakthroughs in understanding the human body keep the book on the cutting edge.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.