- Table View
- List View
While researchers with Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) essentially addressed questions from the whole spectrum of cardiology, oncology, and the neurosciences, it was most notably the latter that provided completely new insights into physiological and disturbed human brain function. In Molecular Imaging in the Clinical Neurosciences, experts in the field provide the reader with up-to-date information on the basic principles of molecular imaging and its major applications in the clinical neurosciences. Beginning with a section offering a comprehensive review of the methodological foundations from physics, chemistry, and mathematics including mathematical modeling, essential for meaningful data analysis, this detailed volume then continues with sections on the major biological principles and neurochemical targets relevant in current neuroimaging research and the major clinical applications from the fields of psychiatry and neurology. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, this work contains the kind of key description and implementation advice that guarantees successful results. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Molecular Imaging in the Clinical Neurosciences serves as a helpful source of knowledge for both basic and clinical scientists from psychology, psychiatry, neurology, nuclear medicine, nuclear chemistry, and the associated disciplines, all of which makes molecular imaging such a rewarding, interdisciplinary field of work.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.