- Table View
- List View
Harlequin Desire brings you three new titles for one great price, available now for a limited time only from July 1 to July 31! Escape with a rugged rancher, a hot Hollywood director and a playboy prince. This Harlequin Desire bundle includes Rumor Has It by Maureen Child, A Baby Between Friends by Kathie DeNosky, and One Night with the Sheikh by Kristi Gold.Look for 6 new compelling stories every month from Harlequin Desire!
Falling in love is not an orderAfter a romantic betrayal, naval lieutenant commander Roanna Brandywine doesn't trust anyone the way she used to. When a chance encounter brings chief warrant officer Miles Mikowski into her life, she's intrigued. But Ro has spent so long focusing on her career, she resists the attraction.Miles has had his own share of trauma, but it's taught him that life is short and he has to go after what's important to him. Then, unexpectedly, they're ordered to investigate a sailor's suicide. They must rely on each other as they discover that his death is not as straightforward as it seems. During their investigation, they acknowledge the chemistry between them, but the real question is whether there's trust...and maybe even love.
Wounded during a military rescue, Commander Max Ford returns to a naval base on Whidbey Island to recover. And part of his treatment involves working with a therapy dog. Max is surprised to learn that the dog's owner is Winnie Armstrong, widow of his closest friend. She and Max were close in those months following her husband's death. But they drifted apart, until that one night two years ago. The night friendship turned to passion...Now he's even more shocked to learn that Winnie has been keeping a secret from him. A baby girl. His daughter. It's even more important he heal so he can be a part of his child's life-and Winnie's. Because all the attraction that pulled them together that one night is still there...only stronger.
World War II to Present. My dear Melinda, I hate to see you throw away what may be the love of your life. . . Melinda Thompson knew that her grandmother had always adored Nick. But Grammy's gone now and Melinda's on the verge of divorce. . . When she comes home to her widowed grandfather, Grandpa Jack hands her a leather-bound journal--and invites her to look into some family secrets. Grammy's voice rings out from the journal, begun when she was in her twenties and living in Nazi-occupied Belgium. Breathlessly, Melinda reads the story of a young woman involved in the Resistance and the British airman whose life she saved. The story of passionate love and a wartime promise. One that saw her grandparents, Esmé and Jack, through World War II. And a marriage of more than sixty years. With the example of her grandparents' lives, Melinda looks for the courage to believe again. In the love of her life.
Sasha Archer doesn't have a mother, but she's got one of the best dads around. Now she feels it's time he had a new woman in his life. And she's decided it should be Claire Renquist. She knows that Claire and her mom were best friends growing up-but then something happened and Claire moved away from Dovetail, Maryland. She's finally come home, trying to make a go of it with her llama farm. So that means Claire needs Sasha's dad, Dutch-who happens to be the local vet!But getting over the past seems to be hard for Claire and Dutch. Good thing they have Sasha to bring them together!
To Debra Bradley, marriage is being with the man you've always loved-despite the odds. Despite what other people think. And marriage is about family, about protecting your children from a sometimes hostile world. To her husband, Will Bradley, family is about creating a safe haven. Where it doesn't matter that one of you is white, the other black. Where it's never mattered...All these years later Will and Debra are still in love, still each other's best friend. They've made a good life for themselves and their children. But their daughter, Angie-pregnant and estranged from the husband she loves-has to discover for herself what family means....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.