- Table View
- List View
This book is written for great leaders, parents, coaches and mentors who want to become great teachers. The Seven Laws of Learning examines why people like Confucius, Nelson Mandela, Jesus, Winston Churchill, Evita Peron, Mahatma Gandhi and other extraordinary leaders were able to teach new ideas in ways that not only engaged people but persuaded them to use their free will to bring about personal and global change. Too many leaders forget the universal truth that messages- instead of being filled with facts and data- are most effectively communicated by storytelling, metaphor, and teaching that motivates and inspires. In the clutter of all of the data and discussion and PowerPoint slides and lists and handouts, too many leaders do little or nothing to capture the imagination and inspire us to improve, to grow and to change ourselves and our organizations in ways that matter. When you understand and apply the age-old principles you'll learn from The Seven Laws of Learning, your leadership, parenting, coaching and working with others will be more effective, and you will reap the rewards that always accompany great teaching. And, you will have a more positive and lasting impact on those with whom you interact.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.