- Table View
- List View
Reflection and reflexivity invite critical, sensitive examination of practice, exploration of principles, concepts and ideas, and development of thoughtful self-awareness. <P><P> The Fourth Edition of this bestselling book explains how expressive and explorative writing, combined with in-depth group work or mentoring, can widen perspectives and give clarity of values, roles, and responsibilities. Step-by-step methods are grounded in carefully explained theories and values, and key terms such as reflection, reflexivity, critical, narrative, metaphor, mindfulness and complexity are clarified.<P> New to this edition:<P> * a clear route through the essentials of reflective practice<P> * greater clarity and representation of theoretical models<P> * a strong focus on ethical values<P> * in-depth examples and case studies from a range of courses<P> * clear summarization of each chapter's key contents<P> * updated 'Read to Learn' sections and extended glossary<P> * discussion of writing in different cultures<P> * new online content including videos.
Write Yourself is the ideal introduction to how to facilitate groups and individuals in finding inspiration for their creative personal writing voices. This book explains how and why writing is such an illuminative, healing, and cathartic process, and provides many practical exercises that encourage the exploration of emotions, memories and experiences. Chapters cover the use of writing with a variety of client groups, including those made up of people suffering from depression, anxiety or health problems, and advice is given both on running and participating in successful writing groups. This book will be an invaluable resource for professionals working across the health, social care and caring professions, arts therapists and for everyone interested in the therapeutic qualities of creative writing.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.