- Table View
- List View
Lecturers, why waste time waiting for the post to arrive? Click on the above icon and receive your e-inspection copy today! In the new third edition of this popular and highly readable book, the author draws on her considerable experience and extensive research to demonstrate a creative dynamic mode of reflection and reflexivity. Using expressive and explorative writing combined with in-depth group work/mentoring alongside appropriate focussed research, it enables critical yet sensitive examinations of practice. Gillie offers a searching and thorough approach which increases student and professional motivation, satisfaction, and deep levels of learning. She clearly explains reflection; reflexivity; narrative; metaphor, and complexity, and grounds the literary and artistic methods in educational theory and values. Clear step-by-step practical methods are given for every aspect of the process. New to this edition are: - a new chapter presenting different ways of undertaking and facilitating reflective practice - further international coverage, including material from Australia, New Zealand and USA The third edition also includes an annotated glossary explaining key terms; end of chapter activities and exercises; suggested further reading; and clear guides on chapter contents and how to use the book. An accompanying website includes discussion, workshop exercises, glossary and online readings. The methods are appropriate to, and used worldwide by, students and professionals across education; medicine and healthcare; clinical psychology; therapy; social work; pastoral care; counselling; police; business management; organisational consultancy; leadership training.
Write Yourself is the ideal introduction to how to facilitate groups and individuals in finding inspiration for their creative personal writing voices. This book explains how and why writing is such an illuminative, healing, and cathartic process, and provides many practical exercises that encourage the exploration of emotions, memories and experiences. Chapters cover the use of writing with a variety of client groups, including those made up of people suffering from depression, anxiety or health problems, and advice is given both on running and participating in successful writing groups. This book will be an invaluable resource for professionals working across the health, social care and caring professions, arts therapists and for everyone interested in the therapeutic qualities of creative writing.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.