- Table View
- List View
Eva Scrivo has worked with thousands of women over the years and knows firsthand that beauty is a learned skill that is within everyone's grasp. Approaching beauty as a whole and each person as an individual, Eva Scrivo on Beauty opens your eyes to a world of possibilities and provides the tools for attaining the looks and confidence you've always dreamed of. This is a definitive guide to gorgeous hair, glowing skin, beautiful makeup, a healthier body, more positive self-image, and a stronger fashion sense. By debunking common myths, simplifying professional techniques, translating industry terms, and sharing insights gained from years of experience, Eva Scrivo on Beauty not only teaches you the rules, it shows when to break them in order to create your own personal style. Consider this book and its author to be a beauty support system and lifestyle coach--a source of inspiration and a place to find both knowledge and encouragement. Eva Scrivo on Beauty gives you the virtual experience of sitting in Eva's chair at her salon and provides guidance on topics such as: Designing the right haircut for your features and lifestyle. Selecting hair color to complement your skin tone and add dimension to your cut. How to give yourself a salon-worthy blowout. Understanding what part of your beauty routine can be done at home and when to invest in the services of a skilled professional. Finding and effectively communicating with a good stylist. How the right eyebrow shape and color can change your entire face. Effective beauty routines for the morning, nighttime, and in between. Beauty foods that nourish your hair and skin. Overcoming the negative impact that stress has on your looks. Making smart fashion choices to pull it all together. And much more!
What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with this comprehensive, cutting-edge guide to healthy, beautiful skin. As a skin cancer surgeon--and a skin cancer survivor herself--Dr. Marmur has treated thousands of patients confused about sun protection, cosmeceuticals, and antiaging procedures. She believes that you need just three basic essentials for gorgeous, healthy skin and offers refreshingly accessible solutions to issues like acne breakouts, dry skin, wrinkles, and more. You'll get answers to important questions, such as: * What's the difference between sunblock and sunscreen, and which ingredients are the best? * Will drinking a lot of water make my skin look better? * What is the best facial cleanser and moisturizer for my skin? * What, besides plastic surgery, can help my sagging neck? * How do I know if this freckle is skin cancer? * Which antiaging products truly work? * What should I ask my dermatologist if I'm considering Botox, fillers, lasers, or other procedures? Filled with Dr. Marmur's passionate expertise, Simple Skin Beauty is the definitive, go-to handbook for protecting your skin at any age.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.