- Table View
- List View
Eva Scrivo has worked with thousands of women over the years and knows firsthand that beauty is a learned skill that is within everyone's grasp. Approaching beauty as a whole and each person as an individual, Eva Scrivo on Beauty opens your eyes to a world of possibilities and provides the tools for attaining the looks and confidence you've always dreamed of. This is a definitive guide to gorgeous hair, glowing skin, beautiful makeup, a healthier body, more positive self-image, and a stronger fashion sense. By debunking common myths, simplifying professional techniques, translating industry terms, and sharing insights gained from years of experience, Eva Scrivo on Beauty not only teaches you the rules, it shows when to break them in order to create your own personal style. Consider this book and its author to be a beauty support system and lifestyle coach--a source of inspiration and a place to find both knowledge and encouragement. Eva Scrivo on Beauty gives you the virtual experience of sitting in Eva's chair at her salon and provides guidance on topics such as: Designing the right haircut for your features and lifestyle. Selecting hair color to complement your skin tone and add dimension to your cut. How to give yourself a salon-worthy blowout. Understanding what part of your beauty routine can be done at home and when to invest in the services of a skilled professional. Finding and effectively communicating with a good stylist. How the right eyebrow shape and color can change your entire face. Effective beauty routines for the morning, nighttime, and in between. Beauty foods that nourish your hair and skin. Overcoming the negative impact that stress has on your looks. Making smart fashion choices to pull it all together. And much more!
What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with this comprehensive, cutting-edge guide to healthy, beautiful skin. As a skin cancer surgeon--and a skin cancer survivor herself--Dr. Marmur has treated thousands of patients confused about sun protection, cosmeceuticals, and antiaging procedures. She believes that you need just three basic essentials for gorgeous, healthy skin and offers refreshingly accessible solutions to issues like acne breakouts, dry skin, wrinkles, and more. You'll get answers to important questions, such as: * What's the difference between sunblock and sunscreen, and which ingredients are the best? * Will drinking a lot of water make my skin look better? * What is the best facial cleanser and moisturizer for my skin? * What, besides plastic surgery, can help my sagging neck? * How do I know if this freckle is skin cancer? * Which antiaging products truly work? * What should I ask my dermatologist if I'm considering Botox, fillers, lasers, or other procedures? Filled with Dr. Marmur's passionate expertise, Simple Skin Beauty is the definitive, go-to handbook for protecting your skin at any age.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.