- Table View
- List View
Adama, commander of the battlestar Galactica, was deeply worried and angry. A thousand years before, the Cylons had launched a savage attack on the human race. Without provocation or warning, the aliens had fired on helpless merchant ships, destroying hundreds of vessels with powerful laser cannons. A fleet of their warships had then set out for the twelve human colonial worlds, bent on finishing the annihilation of Mankind because, from the Cylon point of view, human beings were an irrational disturbance in the natural order of the universe.
"STARBUCK.. REPORT IN." Starbuck's voice came on the line. On the small screen, his face looked worried. "It came from the asteroid, all right," he said. "A high energy beam of coherent light. Very intense. It's some sort of laser weaponry, the kind with the pulsar effect but this time, believe me, it must be a giant pulsar weapon. Big enough to destroy anything*." "Starbuck," Boomer's voice cut in, "we've lost contact with Cree. We're missing another ship!" "Breaking transmission, Galactica," Starbuck cried. "I'm going in!"
When the ruling council of the Galactica strips Adama of his powers of supreme command, the mighty ship is thrown into chaos. As if being caught in the middle of an all-out space war wasn't enough, Baltar has escaped and is streaking across the galaxy to his Cylon allies!
Galactica was trapped! A Cylon warfleet was lurking just a lightjump away. And Earth hopelessly primitive! was completely unaware that the renegade Xaviar was rearranging history to make the planet into his private empire... Only Captain Troy and Lieutenant Dillon knew just how dangerous Earth's predicament was. And if they had to save the ancient homeworld single-handedly well, that was a warrior's job!
In the vast emptiness of space, the Galactica at last makes the long-awaited contact a spaceship of fellow humans from Earth! The Council wants to keep them under observation, but Apollo sets out with the Earthlings on a secret and perilous mission toward their destination, the planet Paradeen, that battleground of space giants where he must confront the old enemy the Cylons and the new the awesome Alliance and make it back to the Galactica
A great warrior has returned to lead Galactica against its biggest challenge yet! Commander Cain, living legend of the cosmos, is marshalling his forces for a desperate counterattack against the Cylon marauders led by the ruthless Baltar. Yet, the young warriors of the besieged battlestar wonder: is the mythical "Juggernaut" really a military genius or just an eccentric despot made crazy by the wounds of time?
As the vast and gallant Galactica plunges into the terrifying emptiness the Great Void, one crew-member has been left behind. Starbuck! Sent on a dangerous scouting mission, he has been lured into a trap by a renegade human-robot team who have an even more dangerous mission for him betray humankind to the Cylon invaders! Destroy the starfleet of his friends in the incredible battle by the ancient tombs that hold the final secret to the Lost Planet "earth!"
Cruising through a void of perilous cosmic forces and merciless marauders, the Galactica finds a miraculous superhuman to guide it through the endless night. His name is Count Iblis. His powers are more awesome than any that humankind has ever encountered before. The crew of the great Battlestar especially the beautiful Sheba lives in thrall of Iblis until they discover that their godlike savior conceals a diabolical secret. Until they learn that the most devastating weapon in his arsenal is... themselves!
Marooned! Starbuck didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sure, he was sick of war... but he also didn't want to spend the rest of his life stranded on this hunk of rock where he had crashed. It was too much for an adventure-loving skypilot to stand! Then he met Miri, riding like the wind on her thinking unicorn, and agreed to lead her band of guerrilla kids in their war against the Cylon killer robots...
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.