- Table View
- List View
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. For Lucas Marshall, temporarily incapacitated by a broken leg, Simon was the kind of son he wished he had-good looking, handy, hardworking, full of get-up-and-go. For Cat Marshall, feeling unloved and lonely for the first time in her marriage, Simon was a temptation that she knew she should resist, despite the way his touch made her feel. For Haley Marshall, Simon was the one person who realized she was no longer a little girl but someone who could handle grown-up things, including a guy as hot as Simon. For Zack Marshall, Simon was everything his dad was not, encouraging him to follow his "weird" interests, no matter where they led. For the whole Marshall family, Simon was a savior-- straight from hell....
BEWARE THE STRANGER Don't talk to strangers. It was a rule Lauren Sandier had drilled into her daughter, Chelsea. But on a seductive spring day at the country fair, it was a rule Lauren herself found easy to break. And what began as an irresistible attraction to Jonathan Grant rapidly became a deep, meaningful bond. It was more than Jonathan's lean good looks-there was something heartrendingly sad in his dark eyes-probably the memory of his murdered first wife. And then there was Emily, Jonathan's young daughter, who had witnessed the crime and was so traumatized that even hospitalization could not quiet her terror. Now Emily has returned home, filled with unrepressed rage. Is she acting out the secret behind her mother's death...or is she showing a natural jealousy toward Lauren and Chelsea? Lauren wants to understand. And she will. If she lives. ...
WHAT IS LITTLE LILY'S SECRET? Does it have something to do with her sadistic father? Her helpless mother? Is it something hidden deep inside Lily's innocent soul? All Jason and Paige Bennett know that the eleven-year-old girl they find hiding in their attic is a frightened yet beautiful, sensitive, bright child once they clean her up and calm her down; A little girl they really want to help... a little girl who brings out the best in Paige, who is now expecting her first baby. But that is all Jason and Paige know-- and it isn't nearly enough. For what they don't know about little Lily could hurt them... What they refuse to see in those china-blue eyes could be the biggest mistake of their lives....
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.