- Table View
- List View
A complete course for the can't-wait-to-get-started beginner! Got the urge to draw? What are you waiting for?! Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3 with Grant Fuller'sStart Sketching & Drawing Now!Packed full of easy and fun techniques, readers will learn to create accurate and expressive likenesses of people, animals, landscapes, and objects. Suddenly rendering even something as mundane as an electrical plug will become an adventure in seeing-and as you'll discover, learning how to really see your subject is half the battle. A progressive series of lessons range from proven exercises for developing hand-eye coordination, expressive line work and keen powers of observation, to creating the illusion of depth and dimension, realistic textures, reflections and more 30 step-by-step demonstrations cover an exciting range of subjects, including still lifes, landscapes, architecture, animals and people Graphite pencil is the featured medium, but charcoal, pen & ink, colored pencils and pastels are also explored Practice is important, of course, but this expert instruction will fast forward you past many hours of trial, error and frustration. With every lesson you'll develop skills and confidence. Get started today with simple materials you may already have or can easily pick up at any major retailer. Before you know it, you'll be able to capture a wide range of subjects with artistic style and vision.
Watercolor#151;easy as A, B, C. This comprehensive, hands-on watercolor workshop features 26 core lessons, from "A" (animals) to "Z" (zeroing in on your artistic style). In between you'll find expert advice on painting an exciting range of popular subjects, including: barns and buildings clouds eagles and other birds flowers glass hills and valleys ice and snow landscapes seascapes boats people and portraits still lifes trees cityscapes and more! Each chapter consists of a series of step-by-step demonstrations, with special focus on key concepts (such as working from reference photos, masking, and using color and contrast) that will help you expand your watercolor repertoire. Individually, each lesson offers a stand-alone, "bite size" art session whenever you have an hour or two to devote to your painting. Together, they present a diverse "sampling" of subjects, ideas and techniques. Perfect for beginning artists just starting to explore as well as experienced artists looking to try something different,Watercolor A-Zis an engaging reference for achieving pleasing effects in watercolor, while keeping things fresh and fun.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.