- Table View
- List View
The units of this book explain Cells, Heredity, Diversity and Change, Living Things, Human Body Systems, and Ecology.
Math at Hand is a resource book. That means you're not expected to read it from cover to cover. Instead, you'll want to keep it handy for those times when you're not clear about a math topic and need a place to look up definitions, procedures, explanations, and rules.
This book addresses key science topics including: scientific investigation; working in the lab; life science; earth science; physical science; natural resources and the environment; science, technology, and society. An ideal resource in science class, during lab time, and at home, this book also includes a handy almanac with tables, charts and graphs, test-taking and researching skills, science timelines and glossaries, and more.
ScienceSaurus is a resource book and a student handbook that offers step-by-step guidelines and clear examples of key science topics that include Life Science, Earth Science and Physical Science.
The SkillsBook provides you with opportunities to practice editing and proofreading skills presented in the Student Edition of Texas Write Source. That book contains guidelines, examples, and models to help you complete your work in the SkillsBook. Each SkillsBook activity includes brief instruction on the topic and examples showing how to complete that activity. You will be directed to the page numbers in the Student Edition of Texas Write Source for additional information and examples.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.