- Table View
- List View
Based on Howard and Matthew Greenes' years of counseling experience, as well as exclusive surveys and interviews with students, college presidents, deans of faculty, and other administrators, The Hidden Ivies presents an inside perspective of these 50 renowned academic institutions. In this fully revised and updated edition, premier educational consultants Howard and Matthew Greene go school-by-school to show you: Why these are unique institutions of exceptional merit What criteria to use in evaluating different programs The admissions requirements for each selective school Student perspectives on their college experiences The value of pursuing a liberal arts education
This planning guide provides college-bound students and their parents with essential information on how the admissions process works; what the top colleges are looking for; choosing the right college; and presenting a student's qualifications.
Let America's premier college consultants take the mystery out of admissions. As seen on PBS, this proven, ten-step program offers a comprehensive inside view of the state of college admissions today. Educational consultants Howard and Matthew Greene have mastered the science and art of college admissions, helping tens of thousands of students get into their schools of choice. This highly effective program is now available to all students who want to attend an outstanding college or university. The Greenes' cutting-edge approach will teach you to: Think like an admissions officer Plan a comprehensive admissions campaign Understand and take advantage of current trends Implement the best strategies for standing out Whether it's choosing the best college for you, writing a winning personal statement, or planning your college financing, this fully updated new edition gives you the latest in admissions secrets, statistics, tactics, and facts.
Providing students and their parents with a better understanding of the opportunities at America's flagship public universities and the other Ivy League universities, The Public Ivies will help pave the way toward a top-notch college education.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.